Welcome to the Seaboard Region Youth Commission!
Who are we?
We are comprised of representatives from each of the synagogue youth commissions in the Seaboard Region section of the Southeast/Seaboard District. In addition we have the Regional USY President, the Regional Director of Youth Activities, and several “ members at large.”
What do we do?
- We write and maintain the Regional Youth Commission Handbook – which establishes policies and guidelines that our youth professional staff and lay leaders use when planning and executing our youth programs.
- We hold regular meetings 2-3 times per year to share best practices and information useful to each synagogue youth program.
- We are a resource for and offer advice to our member synagogue youth commissions.
- We represent Seaboard Region Youth at the International level of USCJ.
- We supervise the distribution of scholarship funds to our youth.
- We hold periodic fundraising activities for our youth programs and scholarships.
How to contact us? novi...@aol.com, or blo...@uscj.org
Or call the Regional office – 301-838-7695
Youth Commission Chair
Regional Youth Commission Handbook